Every parent knows only too well the feeling of hopelessness when their child is not feeling well. Even worse, in the infant stage, they cannot tell us what is wrong.
Reaching for the medicine bottle or letting them get better on their own while they suffer in pain (and we pull our hair out) does not have to be the only solution.
Pediatric acupuncture can safely and effectively treat a number of conditions for your infant or child including:
- Acute ear infections
- Runny nose and allergies
- Eczema and skin rashes
- Insomnia and sleep issues
- … and more
Needles with kids?
Yes, most infants and children have no issues receiving acupuncture. Pediatric acupuncture needles are much smaller than a hypodermic needle and are solid so they do not tear the skin upon insertion. We also offer a number of non-needle treatments for children or parents who do not wish to use needles.
What to expect
Before treatment, we ask that parents set up an initial consultation with our acupuncturist to see if acupuncture is right for their child. On treatment day, here is what you can expect:
- The pediatric acupuncture treatment usually takes an hour.
- Our acupuncturist will sit down with you and your child to discuss any concerns that you have as well as the condition(s) for which you desire treatment.
- You are present the entire time, and can observe your child’s reactions, as well as tune in on the peaceful and non-invasive techniques used.
- As our acupuncturist performs the treatment, you will be taught massage techniques that you can perform on your child at home to maintain proper health.
Treatment is unique for every individual and depends on the condition being treated. Chronic conditions tend to take longer to treat. Your acupuncturist will be able to tell you more about the length of treatment during the initial consultation.
Contact us and schedule your initial appointment to help your child on the path to safe and effective wellness today.