October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Holistic Care Approach is here to give women in West Michigan another way to detect signs of Breast Cancer early. Visit this month for a radiation-free Thermography screening with $25 Off, and then enjoy 10% Off select breast health supplements, such as DIM (diindolylmethane) and melatonin!
We hope you had a wonderful summer and gearing up for fall!
Detect the Earliest Signs of Breast Cancer with a Thermography Screening at HCA
- DIM (Diindolylmethane): DIM has been shown in scientific studies to reduce the risk of breast, cervical and other estrogen-driven cancers by helping the body produce a better balance of the “good estrogen.”
- Vitamin D3: Some studies have suggested that the active metabolite of vitamin D, known as calcitriol, may be anti-cancerous.
- Iodine: The molecular effects of iodine as well as ongoing epidemiological evidence points to its possible role in the prevention of cancers through its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, pro differentiating, and proapoptotic effects.
- Progesterone: Taking progesterone can prevent changes within the uteruses of women taking estrogen after menopause. It can also help treat menstrual periods that have stopped before menopause.
- Melatonin: This hormone is produced within the human brain, and appears to suppress the growth of breast cancer tumors.
- UHS Fall Speaker Series – Oct 3rd, 10th, 17th, & 24th, 6:30 – 8pm
Learn more about natural health at the Aquinas Donnelly Center. Schedule below:
Guided Meditation & Healing Circle – Wed, Oct. 4th at 7:00 p.m.Join us for an evening of healing & introspection with trained local guides. Read More
- Yoga Classes with Karen – Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Check our calendar to see which upcoming yoga classes are right for you!
Healing In America Level 2 – Friday, Oct. 27th through Oct. 29thThis weekend class deepens your understanding of energy healing. Read More
1Breath4All: Upcoming Workshops & RetreatsVisit our neighbors 1Breath4All for more info on their upcoming classes. Read More
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction: Free Info Sessions
Get free info before the next 8-week course begins on Oct. 23rd. Details below:
If you’re interested in Mindfulness and would like to enroll in the next course, The Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness will be holding four Free Information Sessions on Monday, October 9th & 16th at 6:30 p.m., or Wednesday, October 11th & 18th at 9:30 a.m. Attendance is strongly encouraged before enrollment!
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a unique program developed to help people relieve stress in all areas of life. For more information and to reserve your spot at the next Free Info Session, Click Here. The next MBSR Courses at HCA begin Monday, October 23rd at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday, October 25th at 9:30 a.m.
The Donnelly Center at Aquinas College – Free Admission
Mark your calendars for the Universal Health Solutions Fall Speaker Series this month! Admission is free and open to the public, and be sure to check out “Medicines from the Earth” by HCA’s own AnnAlisa Behling, ND on October 10th.
- October 3rd – UHS Networking Mixer
- October 3rd – How Stressed Parents Can Regain Their Sanity in 5 Minutes a Day
- October 10th – Medicines from the Earth
- October 17th – Detoxing Your Home
- October 24th – Healthy Habits for Winter Hibernation
All UHS Fall Speaker Series events will be held at the Donnelly Center at Aquinas College from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. For more information about the series, Click Here.