Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Free Information Session
Originally developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, it is now offered by medical centers and hospitals worldwide. MBSR has a proven track record in reducing pain, illness, and stress.
Scientific research for MBSR has consistently demonstrated:
- Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improved sleep, focus, and attention
- Reduced symptoms of chronic illness including: fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, heart disease, and cancer
- Improved ability to experience joy and contentment
- Improved confidence and self-acceptance
Mindfulness classes are small and practice-focused. We explore the causes of stress and how stress affects the mind and body. Empowered with this information, students learn how to reduce these negative effects.
Learning different practices will help you find the one that is right for you and your lifestyle. Manage stress better, naturally!
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program
with Carol Hendershot and April Kaiserlian, LMSW
Carol and April are the co-founders of the Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness and have been teaching mindfulness classes in West Michigan for years. Learn more on our Instructor Bios page.