Reflexology is a relaxing way to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities.
Applying pressure to specific points on the feet promotes energy flow and relieves tension throughout the body. We offer reflexology services for a variety of ailments at Holistic Care Approach in Grand Rapids, MI.
What is Foot Reflexology?
- Reflexology is a method for activating the healing powers of the body
- Is based on the theory that the feet are a microcosm of the body. There are energy zones that run throughout the body and reflex areas in the feet that correspond to all the major organs, glands, and body parts
- The therapist uses their thumbs and fingers to relieve tension in these areas of the feet thus bringing relief to corresponding areas of the body
Benefits of Foot Reflexology
- Induces a state of deep relaxation by opening neural pathways
- A reflexology session stimulates more than 7,000 nerves through touch. Doing so encourages the opening and cleansing of neural pathways
- Increases circulation, improving blood flow throughout the body
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Stimulates the central nervous system
- Stimulates energy flow throughout the body
- Balances the whole system thus revitalizing the body’s natural energy flow!
A reflexology treatment begins with a warm water foot bath. The therapist uses Young Living Essential Oils in the bath and massages the feet while they soak in the water. A foot bath prior to treatments:
- Cleanses feet
- Softens skin and makes treatment easier on the client
- Increases blood supply to feet
The treatment continues with the client moving to a massage table where they lie on their back fully clothed. The therapist works both feet, one at a time, using essential oils and warm towels. This smells and feels wonderful! In addition to the feet, the calves, shins, and ankles are also massaged.
Half hour and One hour treatments are available! You can view pricing information here.
Who should get a Foot Reflexology?
Reflexology is appropriate for all ages and for a variety of ailments. Not only soothing to sore feet, it can benefit most other body aches and pains. If you can’t handle pressure in a part of your body because of soreness or inflammation, there is a corresponding part in the foot that can bring relief.
“I love the smell of the oils, the warm foot bath, and the increased energy I feel afterwards.” – F.M.
“Reflexology has helped me with my shoulder pain and I have been sleeping better!” – J.R.
“I have always had pain in my feet. Molly has really helped my circulation and alleviated much of the swelling in my ankles.” – R.Z.
“I feel like dancing!” – G.L.