An aromatherapy massage.
Nine essential oils are dropped along the back like raindrops and are massaged in with a variety of massage and energy balancing techniques.
About Raindrop Technique
What are the Benefits?
Raindrop Technique was developed as a result of research indicating that many forms of back problems are caused by muscle tension and toxins resulting in discomfort. The essential oils can help reduce these leaving the back less tight and tense since most of the essential oils used create an environment that clears toxins. The legs and feet are also massaged with several of the oils which helps to clean toxins from the system. The effects are cumulative over several sessions and the results can vary depending on the individual. Raindrop Therapy can also help with stress reduction and energy balancing. A wonderful process begins with a Raindrop Technique session that combines the subtle oils, the intelligence of the body, and attention to the whole person.
What are Essential Oils?
They are subtle, therapeutic-grade oils distilled from plants, shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. They are oxygenating and help transport nutrients to the cells of our body to help promote overall health and vitality. The Young Living Essential Oils used are noted for purity and are distilled from organic plants.
Which Essential Oils are used in a Raindrop Therapy Session?
- Valor (a blend of spruce, rosewood, blue tansy, and frankincense essential oils) is used on the bottom of the feet. It helps to balance the energy and prepare the body to receive the benefits of the essential oils that follow.
- Oregano was recently shown in laboratory research conducted at Weber State University, Ogden, Utah, to have a 99 percent rate of reducing airborne bacteria.
- Thyme is one of the most topically antiseptic essential oils.
- Basil can be relaxing to muscles and beneficial for mental fatigue.
- Wintergreen is beneficial for massage associated with bone, muscle, and joint dicomfort.
- Cypress is one of the oils most used for the circulatory system.
- Marjoram is used for soothing the muscles and supporting the respiratory system. It also assists in calming the nerves.
- Peppermint is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herb for soothing the digestive system. Many scientists and doctors have also studied peppermint for a variety of uses. It also helps activate the other essential oils used.
- Aroma Siez is a blend of several essential oils (basil, marjoram, lavender, peppermint, cypress) and may help relax, calm, and relieve tight, sore, and tired muscles resulting from sport injuries, fatigue, and stress.
- Ortho Ease Massage Oil is designed to soothe muscle aches and minor swelling. This is applied last and is massaged on the entire back and on the legs and feet.
You will want to drink plenty of water following a Raindrop Therapy session at Holistic Care Approach in Grand Rapids MI to help clear any toxins out of your system!