“Shiatsu reduces stress and increases vitality”
- Shiatsu (Shee-ot-sue) Anma has uniquely combined two of the most popular forms of Asian bodywork therapy in Japan. Anma (a 1300 year old healing massage meaning “to soothe with the hands” and shiatsu, which means “finger pressure”).
- Shiatsu Massage is performed on a floor futon through light comfortable clothing (preferably cotton) without the use of oils or lotions.
- The therapist uses the principles of TCM to evaluate each client and assess the balance of Qi (chee), the body’s natural vital energy. Each Shiatsu massage session is designed specifically to the client’s needs and may vary in techniques from session to session.
- Shiatsu stimulates and harmonizes the flow of Qi throughout the body. It focuses on the root of the complaint with the goal of relieving any symptoms that manifest as a result.
- Shiatsu massage is invigorating and relaxing. Some may feel tired after a session as old energy leaves the body. As new energy flows in, one feels energized and balanced. Most people experience this sense of balance even before the session is complete.
- Techniques include kneading, stretching, soothing, tapping, pressing, ampuku (abdominal massage), moxa, and cupping if indicated.
- Regular treatments are an excellent way to “tune-up” your body and feel refreshed and renewed!
Learn more about Shiatsu massage pricing at Holistic Care Approach in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Ampuku, or abdominal massage is an integral part of Shiatsu Anma. It is believed that sickness is the result of stagnation in the body’s vital force. Ampuku can:
- Release congestion
- Relax internal organs
- Harmonize the stomach and intestinal functions
- Open up the joints
- Make the muscles more flexible
- Promote digestion and elimination
- Increase the mental powers
- Strengthen the memory and body, thus improving chronic conditions!
“A shiatsu session with Molly is always a wonderful combination of relaxation and release of tension and pain, all while being gently energized. Each session is uniquely different and tailored to our needs. We look foward to our visits!” – S.M. and B.H.
“For me, a shiatsu session goes above and beyond a regular massage. I feel so balanced, more calm, and at peace afterwards. Instead of wanting to take a nap, I want to get things done! The extra energy is amazing!” – R.R., age 41
“After a couple sessions with Molly, I was pleased to experience a loosening of my shoulder muscle. This allowed me to swing a golf club pain free for the first time in months!” – J.Z., age 56
“After receiving just a couple of shiatsu treatments, I began sleeping better. I come on a monthly basis. Overall, I am more flexible and have more energy.” – A.B., age 30
Benefits of Shiatsu
Anma and Shiatsu heal naturally with almost no side effects, and have been found to be beneficial for the following:
- Joint ache
- Limited range of motion
- Low immunity
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus conditions
- Poor circulation
- Minor abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Menstrual problems
- Menopause issues
- Pregnant women’s complaints
- High blood pressure
When caused by:
- Genetic constitutional factors
- Psychological factors such as stress
- Occupational factors
- Sports injuries
- Living Conditions
In Ampuku, soothing, pressing, and vibrational techniques are used on the abdomen. These are all effective in eliminating toxicity from the system.